Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Issues



Getting massages while breastfeeding is painful. I don't mean, getting a massage while you are actually feeding your child but while you are lactating. I have been getting massages weekly, well, let's be honest, for two weeks now, and each time my nipples are on fire by the time it's over. The first time I chalked it up to his sheet and it just being too rough to lay on for 40 minutes so the second time I laid on my shirt that was soft and I know I don't react to it because I wear my clothes all the time without fire nipples, but, 30 min in I could feel the tingling and burning. My muscles tightened and I laid there just wishing my massage was over and over quick. I put my hand under my breast and my massage therapist (who is well aware I'm breastfeeding) asked "is it okay, your breast?" I was kind of embarrassed and didn't know what to say so I just said "well, it's okay, but it's on fire." He then didn't know what to say and just quickly finished up. I gotta figure this out, because honestly, the massages are amazing up until the last ten minutes and then they are torture, so, suggestions? Rachel suggested leaving my bra on, but I'm thinking this is a friction issue and anything besides skin is going to cause the burning. maybe some of that nipple cream runners use, maybe just band aids.

Also I've been bad, I keep forgetting to pump at work. You might think "how can she forget?" me too...how on earth can I forget, but I keep doing it. I keep putting it on the schedule and keep forgetting until about an hour too late. So, for two days this week I have forgotten to pump mid morning and had to wait until lunch to get some relief. What will it take? A picture of my kid won't do, I've got that. Swollen boobs, got that too. I can't figure out the best way to do this, should I get an egg timer, should I get a watch with a timer, should I get a troll to sit under my desk and kick me when it's time to pump?

No comments:

Post a Comment