Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sorry I have been gone! New Job, new pumping situation!

So I just packed up and moved across the country! Sorry I have been so MIA for a while!

I started a new job and I was terrified about how to ask about pumping. Librarians are famous for having no children, so I had a feeling that my boss and many co-workers would be child-less (I was right!). I decided to just wait until I started on my first day to bring it up because I didn't want to make it a big deal. I was talking with one of the office managers and she mentioned my pump bag because her daughter had the same one. I told her I would need a place to pump, and she went out of her way to help. I was given the break room for my own use for 15 minutes twice a day. Signs were put on the door so I would be undisturbed and everyone was informed that I wasn't to be bothered. I was also told that CA law requires all new buildings to have a "lactation room" for nursing mommies, so the new court house Ill be in will have that for me to use.

Whew! I have been so blessed to have such a supportive work place during my months of pumping!

No comments:

Post a Comment