Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ugh, teething, distracted, un-cooperative nursing!!!

Sorry about the picture. I googled "baby teeth" to find a picture that worked, and this made me laugh and think... wow, those parents rule! So, thank you google docs for again providing me with a weird picture :)

Now that I have your attention, how do I get the attention of my little child? Last night she was hungry and tired. We decided it was time to retire to bed, where I nurse her to sleep. Lately the dogs have been running in the room and barking while I am trying to nurse so I have been turning the tv on mute for some soft light. She craned her neck to look at the tv last night. I kid you not. She wouldnt even face me to nurse. I was holding her against me with all of my might and she showed no interest in eating.

This has been a common theme for us lately. She is far too distracted to eat. If we're in public its awful, she unlatches, drools spit and milk all over me, laughs, looks around, sucks 2 more times, and repeat. I am getting frustrated with her. I am almost to the point of packing a bottle of breast milk just to give her when she is acting like that. Although, ill admit, I am far too lazy. Power to the formula moms, they lug around a lot of crap. I never minded nursing in public until lately, she pulls my shirt up, drools all over me, smacks me.

A friend has a daughter 6 days older than Eliza, and she has teeth. I am scared to death of the day Eliza bites me...

What is a new mom to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment