Monday, November 29, 2010

I hate Facebook fights!

So many women get offended to hear about other’s breastfeeding. I had a “friend”post on one of my facebook posts today: “I find that mothers who are able to breastfeed are very judgmental and in fact discriminatory against those who are unable and choose to give their babies formula. Every one of my friends who were unable to breastfeed have agreed.” 

Judgmental? Seriously? I am PROUD! I will stand at the roof top and scream it.  I WORKED REALLY EFFIN HARD AT THIS AND I SUCCEEDED! I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF! IT WASN’T EASY, I CRIED, I DEDICATED A LOT OF TIME AND ENERGY, BUT I SUCCEEDED! I don’t enjoy being covered in milk, or pumping at work, but I do it. It is the best thing I can do for my daughter, and I am proud of it. If formula moms feel discriminated against, then perhaps it’s them doing all of the discrimination, because I don’t care either way. It’s your kid, I am sure we have a zillion things that we don’t agree on in all areas of being a human being. I post things on facebook as a reminder to myself and my dear pregnant friends, that they can do it. I have had more than one pregnant mom tell me that the pro-breastfeeding things I post on facebook has encouraged them and empowered them, so damn-it, I am going to keep on keepin’ on!

I don’t get facebook. I seriously don’t. I have a good friend who works for the CDC and supports vaccines and often posts about it. I just skip over those posts and I don’t put anything negative, it’s my personal choice, and if she feels that she needs to promote the flu shot, then do it! It seems like every single time I post something (or a friend posts something) about breastfeeding, at least someone gets offended and acting like I am attacking them directly. Nothing I post on Facebook is aimed towards anyone but myself, and my fellow breastfeeding natural moms who might want to read the same article. If it doesn’t apply to you, or you don’t want to read it, then skip it. DAMN!  Though I am not as nice as some of my friends, I like to defend myself and I rarely apologize for anything I have said or posted, because again, its NOT aimed at YOU! Get over it!

Other controversial things I post on Facebook:

*My pit bull
*Holistic Medicine
*Not vaccinating my child
*The war in Iraq (I’m very much against it… shocking!)
*Cloth Diapering
*Green Living
*Healthcare in the US
*Maternal death rates

None of these things were handpicked to piss you off. If they do piss you off, just delete me as a friend instead of starting a Facebook fight! Thanks J

No comments:

Post a Comment