Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pumping Sucks!

Pumping sucks, literally.



My week at a glance:

Weekends are generally spent breastfeeding. I pump to keep my supply and to stock up for Monday. I only pump in the mornings if I have to, and I generally don't pump before bed. Sundays are a different story.

Sunday:  I nurse all day. When the baby is sleeping for an extended amount of time, I will pump to get some milk for the next day at daycare. I also pump again at night before bed.

Monday through Friday: Wake up and nurse, pump. Around 10am I pump at work. Again at work I pump at around 2 (if I can, sometimes I skip this pumping session). I come home, nurse. I pump again at night before bed.

Saturday: Sometimes I pump first thing in the morning, and again mid-day if I am over full. Depending on how I feel, sometimes I don't want to pump, so I don't!

My supply is a little wonky, but I generally get at least 5 oz. every time I pump. This morning I got 8 because E didn't wake up to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment